Baltic Recruitment are looking to recruit a full-time permanent Mechanical/Design Engineer for a well-established company based in Wynyard.
The company design and manufacture a range of specialist innovative products and are looking for an experienced Engineer to join their growing team in the North East. At present, they employ circa 150 staff across 4 sites.
Their main manufacturing processes include; high and low pressure casting, injection moulding, aluminium and plastic extrusion, bonding technology and manual fabrication. Experience in one or more of these processes would be advantageous.
This position is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to progress and grow with the company long-term.
Mechanical/Design Engineer role:
- Use of solid works for 3D modelling, creation of tolerance stacks, drafting, practical hands on engineering tasks, dealing and liaising with suppliers, FEA analysis, producing calculation packs and project management.
- Working on new product development using 3D CAD systems and conducting Finite Element Analysis on new designs to develop for manufacture.
- Reviewing detailed engineering drawings as part of product lifecycle management.
- Creation of new factory layout and Gantt charts for the planned expansion of the business.
- Build relationships with suppliers to ensure demands were met in a timely manner and also enabled negotiation for cost effective deliverables.
- Working individually and as part of a team to deliver project on a tight timescale, enabling us to bring the new product to exhibition.
What we are looking for:
- Degree level in mechanical engineering or similar.
- Competency using Solid works for modelling.
- Understanding of tolerance stacks.
- Drafting, the drawings are generally simple but of great importance is understanding the manufacturing processes employed.
- Practical, hands-on engineering skills.
- Ability and confidence in dealing with suppliers to organise and procure prototypes, gain both prototype and production samples and work with engineering changes.
- Microsoft office, (Excel and Outlook).
- FEA experience, ideally with Solid works but not critical if another software.
- Experience of working to and producing calculation packs in accordance with applicable standards.
- Managerial experience and project management.
- Experience of manufacturing the processes we use, e.g. High- and low-pressure castings, injection moulding, aluminium and plastic extrusions, bonding technology, manual fabrication.
- Experience with Microsoft project.
What they are also looking for which is quite important to them is creativity and innovation, their philosophy as a company is to combine engineers from all sorts of different industries and backgrounds and collaborate together to come up with new ideas and launch new products.
The salary and package is competitive and will depend on the individuals experience level.